Organizations must adopt technologies so that employees can work from anywhere, from any device and with maximum security controls
Managing Director, DigitalTrack Solutions
Remote work – Key trends & challenges
The Key Trends:
· Flexible Work Culture is new and will stay for a while or forever.
· Remote working has been adopted by all, many were not ready, tremendous pressure on internal IT Team for enabling the same
· Employees face a lot of challenges as well in the changed scenario, with less access to everyday expectations, as was there in the office environment.
The Drivers and Challenges:
· Wellness of employees
· Learning and performance management
· Recognition of employees and motivation issues
· Strategic communication
· HR policies needed a big overhaul for remote users
· Isolation between leaders and employees created a lot of challenge
· Security and IT Access Requirement challenges
· Work life balance issues
· Unplugging after work is a challenge in remote work culture
Delivering paperless systems
Being paperless is a big initiative taken by numerous organizations for their internal employees as well as customers. This enables digital journey for many, and also adds to the environment we breathe in. Lots of initiatives needed to be taken up by IT, HR, Admin, Management teams for reaching near paperless status for many customers. Most organizations, including law firms, were immediately forced into a remote working environment. Hence immediate arrangement for the same had to be done by the organizations, starting from Digital Certificate Based Documents, Document Classification, Data loss Prevention techniques, IT Security Controls etc.
A successful Organization should enable the following as controls, not limited to these though.
· Remote Connection Techniques – Secure VPN
· Cloud Adoption
· IT Access Security, and Authorization
· Multifactor Authentication
· Employee Productivity Monitoring Systems
· Communication Security Including Email, Video, Collaboration Tools
Strategies for business profitability
Continuous communication, collaboration is the need of the hour. Managers and leaders should improve their communications with the employees with actionable insights. Periodic recognition and motivational activities are a must. Monitoring productivity is key, which in the long run will help in driving profitability of the organization.
Future of work and workforce
This is a volatile environment we are now in, and it is tough for assessment what future workspace is going to be like. This differs for different verticals also. However, a flexible and remote working environment is going to stay and organizations should plan for such actions well in advance. It might be a mix of remote and onsite work culture. Organizations should change themselves with technologies where employees can work from anywhere, from any device and with maximum security controls in place.
Alteryx brings Unified Platform Experience to boost Analytics Automation
Alteryx has announced expanded cloud-connected platform experiences for its flagship...
Roposo brings in Shipstreak, end-to-end order management tool
Roposo has launched Shipstreak, a comprehensive order management solution design...
Adobe integrates Generative AI-based capabilities into Photoshop
Adobe has unveiled Generative Fill in Photoshop, bringing Adobe Firefly generati...
MediaTek organizes its 12th Chapter of Technology Diaries
MediaTek has hosted its 12th Chapter of Technology Diaries themed ‘The Vision to Go...
Startup Odisha to feature on CII’s Corporate-Startup Connect Platform CII ICONN
In an effort to provide startups in Odisha with a strong corporate connection, Startup Odi...
Pega introduces Pega GenAI to Infuse Generative AI Capabilities in Pega Infinity '23
Pegasystems has announced Pega GenAI – a set of 20 new generative AI-powered booster...
Unisys continues to connect young engineers with business leaders through its flagship event
Unisys announces the winners of the company’s annual technical project competition f...