Dell Technologies has recently launched its latest commercial portfolio in India, which includes the Latitude Notebooks, Precision Mobile Workstations (MWS), OptiPlex All-In-One (AIO) Desktop, and 34-inch Ultrasharp Curved WQHD Monitor. The new devices are designed to help organizations accelerate their digital transformation journey in the hybrid work era, powered with 13th Gen Intel Core processors and upgraded Dell Optimizer features to enhance personalization. The latest version of Dell Optimizer extends intelligence from the PC to the overall computing ecosystem. It allows users to manage displays and peripherals more easily in one interface, including intelligent audio, privacy, connectivity, and collaboration that learns and responds to how the user works. Meanwhile, the Dell Ultrasharp 34-inch Curved USB-C Hub Monitor with a 3-sided narrow bezel comes with IPS Black technology and ComfortView Plus. On the launch of this new portfolio, Indrajit Belgundi, Senior Director, and General Manager - Client Solutions Group, Dell Technologies India has shared his remarkable experience with VARINDIA.
Elaborate the new portfolio
Talking about the product specifications Indrajit says, “As most organizations have embraced hybrid work, workspaces are no longer location specific. Organizations are becoming more outcome driven and looking for technological solutions that empower the workforce with the right tools and improve employee engagement. While organizations navigate the future of work, our new devices enable seamless transitions between work from home and the office.
Dell Technologies has introduced its latest Latitude and Precision portfolio, featuring 13th Gen Intel Core processors and the latest Dell Optimizer features, making it possible to personalize the PC experience to the ecosystem. The new commercial portfolio is equipped with innovative collaboration features and designs, ensuring that it delivers the most secure and intelligent devices to users. We have also simplified our desktop portfolio based on customer feedback, which makes it easy for organizations to create a modern workplace.
* The Latitude 9440 is designed for executives, consultants, and salespeople and is the world’s smallest 14-inch commercial PC with 16:10 aspect ratio and InfinityEdge QHD+ display. It is also the most collaborative commercial PC in the world, with the world's first haptic collaboration touchpad and a zero-lattice keyboard. The design inspiration for this device came from our XPS line, giving it a simplified yet premium appearance.
* For workers who need powerful workstations, the Precision 5680 is perfect for engineers, data analysts, and creators. It offers impressive specs with up to 64GB of DDR5 memory with the NVIDIA RTX 5000 Ada Generation Laptop GPU. The device has the world’s smallest footprint for a 16-inch workstation and is also equipped with our patented Dual Opposite Outlet fan technology allowing the system to manage complex workflows with ease.
* We have also launched the OptiPlex 7410 AIO (All-In-One) Desktop which has a 24-inch display. The device has been simplified to offer comfort and style in a compact design with built-in collaboration, security, and privacy features. Finally, we are bringing the Ultrasharp 34” Curved USB-C Hub WQHD Monitor built to suit the needs of specialized workers that require a comprehensive work set-up and large displays. It comes with IPS Black Technology that offers two times more color contrast and ComfortView Plus for enhanced eye comfort.”
Changing customer requirements
“Workplaces are going through a tremendous shift as employees are becoming more comfortable with work from anywhere. This has resulted in an increase in the demand for devices that are portable, enable collaboration, and have intelligent features that enhance performance. Employee experience is an utmost priority for organizations, and we have narrowed down some elements that we believe are important to our customers.
* Need for compact and portable devices: Whether it's a designer rushing to finish a client presentation in a café or a CEO catching up on critical tasks while in an airport lounge, business PCs are no longer restricted to a specific purpose but rather serve as companions or virtual extensions of users. To meet these demands, we have launched devices that are thinner and lighter without compromising on the performance. In fact, our Latitude 7000 series meets the diverse needs of the mobile professional by offering a range of sizes, form factors, and functions. The Latitude 7340/7440 Ultralights are now available in a 14-inch display size and are the world’s smallest and lightest 13.3-inch and 14-inch premium commercial laptops. Weighing under one kilogram (13 inches) and slightly over one kilogram (14 inches), the devices feature taller 16:10 displays with 5% more screen space for unmatched productivity.
* End-to-end secure solutions- It is no longer about devices that can support daily tasks, instead organizations are looking for intelligent solutions that can understand user behavior. We have upgraded the capabilities of Dell Optimizer in the new portfolio which makes it easier for users to manage their displays and peripherals through a single interface. We have significantly enhanced the audio capabilities, including the echo canceling feature, which reduces background noise during calls, and voice quality monitoring which alerts the user with a pop-up when the quality is poor. We are also providing protection beyond the OS (Operating System), by offering data protection tools, encryption tools, as well as endpoint threat detection and remediation tools.
* Battery technology: Battery life is a crucial aspect of any electronic device, but what constitutes good battery life varies depending on the users’ specific needs. To avoid unnecessary charging and improve battery management, the Express Charge feature of the Dell Optimizer analyzes power usage habits to improve PC battery utilization. It charges your PC as per the battery requirements even if it is connected to the power, it also extends run times by charging your system faster when you need a boost in power. Overall, we have achieved significant improvements in both PC performance and battery longevity, thereby enhancing efficiency and providing greater value for our customers,” comments Indrajit.
Current business PC landscape
Indrajit points out, “In the past few years, we have seen the landscape evolve from remote working to hybrid work cultures. Companies are not just looking to purchase hardware or software; they are investing in trusted partners who can support their journey of IT modernization. In addition to providing connectivity and security, PCs today also boast of more vibrant and expansive displays, high-performing processors, and increasingly intelligent features, which cater to different user personas including content creators, 3D CAD designers, software developers, entrepreneurs, and C-level executives among others. Devices are no longer bulky workhorses but rather stylish and compact that facilitates both performance and lifestyle.”
To attain sustainability
In his concluding words Indrajit says, “Dell Technologies is committed to sustainability, and it extends to every aspect of our business. Our innovation is aimed at reducing the environmental impact of our products and its packaging and as per our 2030 ESG goal of advancing sustainability, for every product sold, we will reuse or recycle an equivalent product. Additionally, 100% of our packaging and over 50% of our product portfolio will be made from recycled or renewable materials. Our new commercial portfolio is a step in the direction to advance our sustainability commitments:
* We have increased the use of recycled content and low-carbon emission aluminum in this year’s product portfolio
* The Latitude 5000 series are Dell’s most sustainable laptops yet built with recycled and renewable plastics, reclaimed carbon fibre, renewable materials and ocean bound plastics
* The use of recycled and renewable plastic (by weight) has increased by 64% over the previous generation of 5000 series
* Additionally, Latitude 9440 and Precision 5680 include 75% recycled aluminum in the chassis and for the first-time recycled copper has been used in power adapters for Latitude 9440 and Precision 3480
* The entire range of Latitude and Precision devices continue to be shipped with packaging made from 100% recycled or renewable materials
* Sustainability is also a part of our product thermal management, where Dell Optimizer’s ‘Quiet Mode’ setting can provide up to 18% in power savings
* In addition, we recently announced a campaign called '#TurningTidesForGood,' in which we released a video to highlight the importance of addressing the ocean plastic crisis. The video, narrated by Sreeji Gopinathan, Global CIO, Lupin Limited, takes the audience on a journey of our EcoLoop carrying case, which is made from 100% ocean-bound plastics”
See What’s Next in Tech With the Fast Forward Newsletter
Tweets From @varindiamag
Nothing to see here - yet
When they Tweet, their Tweets will show up here.