Samsung organizes its Virtual Event "Samsung Networks: Redefined"
Samsung Electronics has shared its 5G vision and latest network innovations at “Samsung Networks: Redefined”, a virtual event where the Samsung Networks leadership team presented an overview of Samsung’s notable 5G accomplishments and new solutions driving network transformation.
At the event, Samsung Networks highlighted key developments in its global expansion, which includes delivery of over four million 5G-ready radios around the world. Samsung focused on how it is advancing virtualization to drive next-generation networks, and leading 5G radio innovation by embedding its radios with the company’s latest in-house chipsets.
Paul (Kyungwhoon) Cheun, President and Head of Networks Business at Samsung Electronics, said, “We are delighted to discuss the infinite possibilities of wireless technology, as we continue our 5G journey, and pave the way towards the next phase of 5G. Samsung’s 5G vision includes bringing together the best global expertise and technical insights that can help operators and consumers take full advantage of 5G benefits. We’re grateful that our customers and partners have joined us on this journey, and look forward to achieving many more 5G milestones together.”
The following are key areas of advancement that Samsung Networks leadership covered at the virtual event:
Virtualization of an entire network from Radio Access Network (RAN) to Core will offer multiple benefits to operators, bringing greater efficiency, scalability and flexibility in network management, as well as easier upgrades through software implementations. Recent vRAN accomplishments include the following solutions:
* Samsung vRAN has virtualized all elements of a baseband unit. Backed by years of R&D, Samsung deployed the industry’s first fully-virtualized commercial 5G RAN delivered end-to-end. Recently, the company demonstrated the capability to support multi-gigabit speeds of Massive MIMO radios on COTS servers, showing how the performance of vRAN technology is now near the performance of custom hardware solutions.
* Samsung vCore is built with a cloud-native containerized architecture, enabling operational automation while ensuring optimized performance. With high adaptability and scalability, Samsung 5G vCore allows network operators to quickly launch new services and upgrade per business needs. Since introducing its first virtualized Core in 2015, the company has successfully commercialized the world’s first 5G Non-Standalone (NSA) vCore, and achieved a significant milestone in data processing capacity on its 5G Standalone (SA) Core.
* Network management solutions help optimize operational efficiencies in virtualized networks. Samsung Cloud Orchestration, known as SCO, coordinates an entirely automated process of network deployment and optimization. Samsung’s Network Slice Manager supports simplified management of slice resources, while AI-based analytics provides intelligent analysis of network performance.
Samsung has been pioneering 5G technology to support RAN solutions for more than a decade, through research, standardization and commercial rollouts of its highly competitive 5G solutions. New developments are:
* In-House Chipsets: Samsung continues its leadership in chipset research and development, with an expanded line-up of new chipsets, including a 3rd generation RFIC, 2nd generation 5G modem and DFE-RFIC integrated chip, part of the company’s initiative to help foster compact and efficient, yet high-performing 5G solutions.
* New Solutions: Samsung continues to expand its 5G radio lineup. The company recently unveiled its wideband radio supporting 400MHz of bandwidth in mid-band, and designed to help operators drive more flexible and cost-effective deployments. Also introduced are the next generation 5G Compact Macro and baseband units, as well as its new One Antenna Radio, a solution that delivers a more compact form factor with antenna integration, offering simplified installation and deployment efficiencies.
Samsung has the capability to build reliable and secure private networks, leveraging its comprehensive solutions portfolio. The company’s industry-leading 5G solutions offer a resilient backbone to private 5G networks, introducing use cases such as smart factories and a real-time 4K video monitoring system. Samsung also provides end-to-end PS-LTE solutions, from network equipment to applications and devices. The company is powering the world’s first 3GPP-compliant nationwide PS-LTE network in Korea, and accomplished the demonstration of the industry first MCPTX video call on a cloud platform.
6G Future Vision
As part of its network overview, Samsung Networks: Redefined shares Samsung’s vision of 6G technology, and the world it will help create. Samsung stays ahead in preparing for new generations of wireless technologies. The company led 5G research and development even before 4G deployments, and is already preparing for 6G. Now, the company is set to accelerate 6G innovation, bringing hyper-connected experiences to users. Samsung recently explored the potential of the Terahertz (THz) spectrum application for 6G wireless communications, demonstrating an end-to-end 140GHz wireless link using a fully digital beamforming solution.
Samsung has pioneered the successful delivery of 5G end-to-end solutions including chipsets, radios, and core. Through ongoing research and development, Samsung drives the industry to advance 5G networks with its market-leading product portfolio from fully virtualized RAN and Core to private network solutions and AI-powered automation tools. The company is currently providing network solutions to mobile operators that deliver connectivity to hundreds of millions of users around the world.
Virescent Infrastructure collaborates with IBM and SAP to start its hybrid cloud journey
IBM announced that Virescent Infrastructure, a renewable energy platform backed by leading...
Aeris Communications announces Enterprise Voice Solution - Claerityai
Aeris Communications has launched the Enterprise Voice Solution – Claerityai –...
Zoom is coming with Innovations to Ignite the Next Era of Communications
Zoom has kicked off Zoomtopia 2021, unveiling plans for innovations across its platform de...
Trescon's World Cloud Show Comes Back to India for the 3rd Time with its 10th Global Edition
Taking place on 15 September 2021, the event will virtually convene India' leading Clo...
VIA unveils VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equipment Safety System at MINEXPO® 2021
VIA Technologies, Inc. today announced that it will unveil its new VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equ...
19th Infotech Forum highlights that the pandemic fast-tracked Digital Transformation escalating importance of data and security
Digital technology has transformed nearly every aspect of life, starting from travel, work...