Synology announces new offerings for India market
Synology has unveiled a range of upcoming solutions for the Indian market that help businesses and consumers to achieve more, become more resilient, and better resolve IT challenges through the power and flexibility of hybrid cloud architectures and an expanding ecosystem of tightly integrated solutions.
Staying at the forefront of data management, Synology is bringing new possibilities to the table, including solutions for data storage and backup, file management, collaboration, video surveillance, and networking – all designed with one goal in mind – presenting a centralized platform to simplify IT administration while driving digital transformation for enterprises, SMBs and SOHO users in India. Encompassing all products and spanning data management, data protection, and IT infrastructure security, the newly launched Synology solutions will transform the way data is stored and managed to set the bar even higher for reliability, security, and scalability.
“The need for better resolution of IT challenges cost-effectively is fostering the demand for new age data storage and management solutions in India,” said Michael Chang, Regional Sales Head, Asia Pacific, Synology, “We are committed to address unmet market demands and better serve our large base of customers and partners in India," he added.
DATA MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
● Share and Collaborate with Ease using Synology Drive - Updates to Synology's private cloud solution, Synology Drive, help keep files safe during sharing between teams with watermarks and download policies. Remote wipe capabilities help minimize security risks by removing synced folders from stolen Windows and macOS clients. Automatic login with AD credentials following mass deployment, as well as the provisioning of backup and syncing tasks, make mass deployment simpler. Sharing data over SMB will be safer and more efficient in DSM 7.2.
● Scale OutScale-Out NAS - Next-Gen Storage Servers. Also launching in 2023 are new scale-out systems designed for file and object storage. Scale-out clusters will be considerably faster than Synology's current largest solutions, with near-linear scaling of performance and capabilities as more units are added. The first generation of scale-out systems will support clusters of up to 60 servers for more than 12 PB of effective storage, over 60 GB/s sequential write performance, and more than 80,000 concurrent connections.
DATA PROTECTION SOLUTIONS
● Worldwide Backup Management Platform - A new management platform for Active Backup and C2 Backup aims to enable seamless management, deployment, and monitoring of backup tasks across an organization's IT infrastructure, regardless of location or scale. The new platform brings together Synology on-premises and cloud-based solutions, providing IT admins and MSPs with the most efficient tools to protect and ensure the timely recovery of any device or service.
● Synology 500 Series AI-Powered Cameras - Launching in early 2023, Synology 500 Series IP cameras will offer superior performance, security, and integration, with all camera settings managed directly from Surveillance Station. Edge AI capabilities, such as guarding intrusion detection zones, free up recording server resources to allow larger AI-powered deployments, while dedicated processing speeds up people and vehicle searches anywhere in the video frame. Coming in two form factors, Synology 500 Series cameras feature 5 MP sensors for wide-angle 16:9, 3K (2880x1620) recording at 30 FPS. The cameras support PoE and are weatherproof (IP67), enabling flexible placement indoors or outdoors. Synology 500-series cameras are US NDAA/TAA compliant and are designed for security, introducing similar security innovations and hardening methods found on Synology enterprise products.
● WRX560 Wi-Fi 6 Router with Advanced Networking Features - Building on the SRM 1.3 platform, the new WRX560 brings the same high-end network management features from the RT6600ax into a more affordable price point. With powerful internal dual-band radios and a 2.5GbE LAN/WAN port, WRX560 can easily be added as a mesh node to any RT6600ax router or utilized as a standalone solution for homes and offices.
● Active Insight - Automated Breach And Misuse Detection - Active Insight is evolving to automatically prevent user activities in breach of data protection rules. The new data loss prevention feature monitors user activities such as logins, file access, and sharing task creation while comparing checksums of files that are uploaded or shared. When thresholds or rules are triggered, the system can either send alerts or take actions, such as disconnecting clients suspected of being infected by ransomware.
● Synology C2 Identity Platform - Securing Devices And Credentials
The Synology C2 Identity platform continues to grow, with a heavy emphasis on blending good security practices with convenience. In 2023, C2 Identity will receive several improvements to enable passwordless logins to both online and local services and devices. Integration with Windows Hello and Apple's Face ID/Touch ID facilitates easy authentication on endpoints managed by C2 Identity. And combined with an upcoming C2 Identity user portal, employees using managed endpoints can be automatically signed in to web services supporting SAML, with the option to enable 2FA for more sensitive services such as a company's ERP or CRM systems.
Tech Mahindra to help Bank of Baroda to enhance Customer Experience
Tech Mahindra announced its partnership with Bank of Baroda, to deploy digital solutions t...
Birlasoft brings bCloud+ to help enterprises migrate JD Edwards Workloads to OCI
Birlasoft has launched bCloud+, an end-to-end solution to help enterprises migrate on-prem...
NVIDIA announces Advanced Autonomy to Mobile Robots with Isaac AMR
NVIDIA has announced to launch a new platform to enable the next generation of autonomous...
Kingston showcases New Non-Binary DDR5 Memory and XS1000 External SSD in COMPUTEX 2023
Kingston Technology has announced it will make a grand return to COMPUTEX Taipei event aft...
Genesys creating an exceptional Customer Experience leveraging the skillful orchestration of Employee Experience
To recognise its strategic partners advancing the industry, Genesys, organised the APAC Pa...
TDC Captures the Beauty of our Natural World at Vivid Sydney 2023
Sydney, Australia, May 2023 – It would be easy for a company like TDC – T...
MediaTek organizes its 12th Chapter of Technology Diaries
MediaTek has hosted its 12th Chapter of Technology Diaries themed ‘The Vision to Go...