Michael Dell talks about the future possibilities in Tech at Dell Technologies World 2022
Dell Technologies World, the flagship event of the company, celebrates the achievements and incredible work that Dell Technologies has accomplished together with its customers, partners, team members etc. It is the event to look beyond the greatest challenges and opportunities. The company organised Dell Technologies World 2022 in Las Vegas where thousands of its customers, partners, team members, and friends were present physically.
The keynote session was given by Michael Dell, founder and CEO. In his speech, the CEO said, “As always, Dell Technologies World is your show to highlight the incredible work that we have accomplished together and to take the time to look ahead at your greatest challenges and opportunities. Above all, it is a chance to say thank you for letting us be your partner in changing the world. Thank you for the trust that you place in all of us at Dell.”
He further added, “We are explorers, pioneers of a digital future, constantly re-inventing and reimagining a data-driven world to accelerate progress toward a healthier, safer, and more successful future in all human endeavours. Now, some of us have been on this ride for a long time and it's been quite an amazing ride. We were together for the microprocessor and the PC revolution, and we brought that revolution to the enterprise and the data center where we powered the internet era with every cycle of innovation, disruption and growth. We further democratized the power of technology and multiplied its impact. And technology pushed further and deeper into our world. Both technology and human inspiration play an important role in driving innovation and human progress. Moreover during the pandemic we understood the potential of digital technology and the PCs connected us and helped us to remain productive."
Talking about the multi-cloud ecosystem, he said, “The twin engines of human inspiration and technology together drove innovation and human progress and moved lives on a global scale. Now over the past two years, technology has become even more important and essential. The pandemic put an exclamation point on the importance of digital technology for everyone. Our PCs kept us connected and productive while working from anywhere. Behind that incredible end user experience, we are taking the leap forward with a multi-cloud ecosystem that encompasses the edge where AI processes and moves data across 5G networks in highly automated environments.”
A couple of announcements have been done at Dell Technologies World 2022, which includes -
Dell storage software innovations
• Dell PowerStore, the fastest ramping new architecture in company history, will deliver up to a 50% mixed workload performance boost and up to 66% greater capacity. Customers can better plan business continuity strategies with software-only high availability metro replication configured in as few as five clicks.
• Dell PowerMax, the world’s most secure, mission-critical storage, will introduce cyber resiliency advancements including cyber vaults for traditional and mainframe deployments. CloudIQ ransomware capabilities help detect cyberattacks early to minimize exposure and speed recovery. PowerMax now offers up to 65 million secure snapshots to improve cyber recovery and increases efficiency with new 4:1 data reduction guarantee.
• Dell PowerFlex software-defined infrastructure will consolidate traditional and modern workloads with new file services that allow for unified block and file capabilities on a single platform. PowerFlex simplifies multi-cloud and DevOps with the broadest file and block8 support for all major Kubernetes and container orchestration platforms from Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Red Hat, SUSE and VMware.
Data stored both on-premises in customer data centers and in multi-cloud environments
• Dell is bolstering its APEX portfolio with the introduction of Dell APEX Cyber Recovery Services. The first in a series of new APEX full stack solutions that deliver a cloud experience, APEX Cyber Recovery Services simplifies recovery from cyberattacks. Dell manages the day-to-day cyber recovery vault operations and assists with data recovery. Dell is delivering an as-a-Service experience with standardized configurations, simplified Dell-assisted recovery options and expertise from nearly 2,000 isolated vault solutions deployed globally.
• Dell is extending the reach of its multi-cloud ecosystem and speeding access to its data protection offerings for public clouds with the release of Dell PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for Microsoft Azure. The new service will join a broad portfolio of Dell offerings available through Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
• Dell also builds on its collaboration with AWS by announcing CyberSense for Dell PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for AWS.
• Dell and Snowflake will work together to connect data from Dell enterprise storage with the Snowflake Data Cloud. A first of its kind, this collaboration will give customers greater flexibility operating in multi-cloud environments, meet data sovereignty requirements, and easily turn data into insights wherever it resides.
• Dell and Snowflake customers will be able to use on-premises data stored on Dell object storage with the Snowflake Data Cloud while keeping their data local or seamlessly copying it to public clouds. The companies will pursue product integrations and joint go-to-market efforts in the second half of 2022.
SAP Cloud To Support Dimexon
SAP Cloud is supporting Dimexon in its journey to make sustainable luxury accessible to cu...
Bank of Abyssinia chooses Newgen for delivering superior Customer Experience
Newgen Software announced that Bank of Abyssinia, one of the fastest growing banks in Etho...
ASIRT 107th TECHDAY conducted in Mumbai
The Association of System Integrators and Retailers in Technology (ASIRT) conducted its ma...
OITF 2023 lays stress on how the Digital Workplace trends are getting redefined
Technology is an enabler. It provides the means to create and make a difference, which ult...
Hikvision showcases Problem-Solving Retail Security Solutions in National Retail Federation Show
Hikvision is excited to attend the National Retail Federation’s NRF 2023 Retail Show...